The First Sparks
- Select a class to take a level from.
- If this is level 1 of that class, adjust class bonuses to defence and select a starting feat/skill from that class.
- Adjust Defences. The level bonus to defences is equal to your character level.
- Adjust Base Attack Bonus (BAB). BAB is 1 x (Jedi and Soldier levels) + 0.75 x (other class levels).
- Adjust Damage. The level bonus to damage is equal to one half your character level, rounded down.
- Adjust Skills. The level bonus to skills is equal to one half your character level rounded down.
- If your new character level is a multiple of 3 (3, 6, 9, etc) select a feat which you qualify for.
- If your new character level is a multiple of 4 (4, 8, 12, etc), select two attributes and increase both by 1. If this changes an odd attribute value to an even value, increase the attribute modifier and adjust everything that modifier affects (defences, attack bonuses, force powers, trained skills, languages).
- If your new class level is an odd number (1, 3, 5, etc), select a talent which you qualify for from that class’s talent lists.
- If your new class level is an even number (2, 4, 6, etc), select a feat which you qualify for from that class’s bonus feat lists.
- Reset Force Points – 5 + 0.5 x character level, rounded down (for base classes).
- Adjust calculated values (Damage threshold, weapon attack bonuses, etc).
Replace the racial bonuses in the book with the following
Ability Modifiers: Zabrak receive a +2 bonus to any one ability score at first level.
Bonus Trained Skill: A Zabrak character chooses an additional trained skill at level 1
Environmental Hardiness: Zabrak grow up in the toughest conditions on Iridonia, granting them +5 to Fortitude against Corrosive Atmospheres and Extreme Heat.
Conditional Bonus Feat: Zabrak trained in Endurance gain Skill Focus (Endurance) as a racial bonus feat.
When multi-classing, a character may take Skill Training for one of the new class’s class skills rather than one of its starting feats.
All talents of the Lightsaber combat tree have the prerequisite Weapon Proficiency(Lightsaber)
The Skill Focus feat gives a scaling increase to the skill, not a flat +5
Level 1-5: +2
Level 6-10: +3
Level 11-15: +4
Level 16-20: +5
Jump, Climb, and Swim are rolled together into one skill: Athletics. Any class that has any of these skills in its class skill lists now has Athletics as a class skill. Any feat/talent/class which requires any one of Jump, Climb or Swim as a trained skill now require Athletics as a trained skill.
Add Athletics to the Jedi’s class skill list
Characters have a number of Second Winds equal to 1+Con modifier (minimum 1). You may still only use one Second Wind in an encounter.
The Withdraw action is a standard action, not a move action
Since it was becoming the standard to autofire everything in the last few games, the following adjustments are made:
If your total attack roll, after adding in all bonuses and penalties, is under 10, your attack misses entirely, no damage to anyone. (This is an official rules errata which I missed last time)
If the target is in cover, an autofire attack which hits does full damage, an autofire attack which misses does no damage
If a target is in improved cover, an autofire attack which hits does half damage, an autofire attack which misses does no damage
The idea behind these changes is while ‘spray and pray’ works well for people standing in the open, it should be less useful for people in cover, increasing the use of the Aim action and of targeted single shots.